Here’s what we’ve been watching on television.
Elementary: A Giant Gun, Filled With Drugs
- Excerpt: The subplot, however, is the more important story: whether Sherlock Holmes, recovering drug addict, will find that he will fail his sobriety if under enough pressure, especially if it comes from a figure from his past.
Elementary: The Deductionist
- Excerpt: The Deductionist has a remarkable balance between humor and horror.
Elementary: The Red Team
- Excerpt: The Red Team has a good mixture of mystery, a bit of humor, and character development that makes up for my puzzlement.
Franklin & Bash: Season Two
- Excerpt: The first season had offbeat cases while these two fought the stuffy Establishment with their own zany irreverence. The second season made them dumber, more self-absorbed, and wouldn’t allow them to grow up or mature.
Game of Thrones: The Complete Second Season
- Excerpt: HBO’s epic adaptation of George R.R. Martin’s novels returns with more of the sex, violence, and political intrigue that makes the show so damn much fun to watch.
The Hour: Season Two
- Excerpt: Time has run out for “The Hour,” but the 1950s soap opera leaves us with two suspenseful seasons, highlighted by a great cast and impeccable art direction.