Here’s what we’ve been watching on television.
Doctor Who: The Ambassadors of Death
- Excerpt: The Ambassadors of Death (while long) had a great deal of action and carried the plot remarkably well to make it another excellent addition to a very impressive debut season for Pertwee’s Doctor.
- Excerpt: It isn’t a bad story or a bad episode per se, but it does have moments where the mystery is almost pretty obvious and I’d argue even slips into cliches.
Elementary: Possibility Two
- Excerpt: Possibility Two is an Elementary story that finds itself a bit lost within itself, but the subplot and the humor save the episode from not being if anything else, entertaining.
MADtv: The Complete Second Season
- Excerpt: This is as much of an exercise in nostalgia as comedy; your ability to tolerate these 16-year-old episodes of “MADtv” hedges largely on how aware and fond of ’90s culture you were.
Tosh.0: Cardigans Plus Casual Jackets
- Excerpt: The show is as likely to make you cringe as laugh.
The Walking Dead Post-Game: Clear
- Excerpt: One of the strongest episodes in the series takes you back to where it all began.