Here’s what we’ve been watching on television.
Franklin & Bash: Coffee & Cream
- Excerpt: Coffee and Cream is a boring episode, and at times nonsensical.
Franklin & Bash: Dead And Alive
- Excerpt: Will Jared Franklin finally come out and tell his best friend that he is actually in love with him?
Franklin & Bash: Good Lovin’
- Excerpt: If there were any justice, Reed Diamond would have an Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama or Comedy Emmy nomination for playing the straight man to the hijinks of Breckin Meyer and Mark-Paul Gosselaar.
Hemingway & Gellhorn
Marcio Sallem @ Em Cartaz [Portuguese]
Portlandia: Season Three
- Excerpt: Portlandia is, seemingly effortlessly, a highbrow sketch show, whose impressive production values, satiric qualities, and lack of a laugh track give it a refinement befitting of the IFC brand and of the creators’ sensibilities. It’s a show fueled by silliness, but not the pop culture and impression-based kinds that quickly date “SNL” episodes.
Rectify: Season 1
- Excerpt: his is TV drama done right, intriguing with characters, story, and atmosphere instead of gimmicky, drawn-out mysteries. There is plenty of room for this series to grow, but this short debut season is a compelling and satisfying opening act you are sure to breeze through, hungry for more.
Robot Chicken: DC Comics Special
- Excerpt: In short, it feels like a reasonably diverting half-hour of television, given barely more thought and time than an ordinary, less thematically unified “Robot Chicken” episode.