The 86th Annual Academy Awards are being held this Sunday. To celebrate and help you prepare, OFCS members have submitted some of their links. We’ll have even more articles for you on Saturday morning.
2013 Best Picture Haiku
Catching Up with Unseen Best Picture Oscar Winners
- Excerpt: Maybe most of these viewings confirmed why I had skipped a lot of these in the first place. But a good number were also reminders that even film critics haven’t seen all the great works of cinema.
Do the Oscars Offer a Generous Wink at Science Fiction Cinema from 2013?
Frank Ochieng’s 2014 Oscar Predictions
Oscar Bridesmaids: The 2013 Wedding Party
- Excerpt: This year’s wedding party of Oscar bridesmaids includes Leonardo DiCaprio, Amy Adams, Brad Pitt, and Roger Deakins.
Susan Granger @ www.susangranger.com
- Excerpt: Susan Granger’s Oscar Predictions
Oscar Predictions Video Cheat-Sheet
- Excerpt: ALL 24 AWARDS IN CEREMONY ORDER
Oscar Preview: Precursor Winners & Losers, Week 13
- Excerpt: Looking at the winners and losers from Precursor Season, Week 13
The Rundown 2013: Editing & Cinematography
- Excerpt: Discussing our predictions for the winners of Best Editing & Best Cinematography
The Rundown 2013: Original Screenplay & Adapted Screenplay
- Excerpt: Discussing our predictions for the winners of Best Original Screenplay & Best Adapted Screenplay
The Rundown 2013: Sound Mixing & Sound Editing
- Excerpt: Discussing our predictions for the winners of Best Sound Mixing & Best Sound Editing
A Terrifying Peek Inside the Empty Brain of a Typical Oscar Voter
- Excerpt: For all the hip, beautiful people on the stage and in the audience on Oscar night, the awards themselves are bestowed by a giant body that is filled to the brim with mouth-breathing troglodytes. And if you’d like a fresher confirmation of that fact, I direct you to this interview with an anonymous Oscar voter, courtesy of the great Michael Musto.