With the 85th Annual Academy Awards arriving this Sunday, we asked our members to submit their Oscar articles for a special pre-Oscar post. Here is what our members submitted. If you’re reading this article on the front page of our site, don’t forget to click the “(more…)” link at the bottom to get to all of the articles posted today. There are 29 total articles in this post, don’t miss any of them!
2013 Oscar nominees on disc and digital: Videodrone’s home viewer’s guide
- Excerpt: Here’s a list of Oscar-nominated movies you can see now on a small screen near you: on DVD, Blu-ray, digital download and/or pay-per-view
2013 Oscar Preview & Predictions
- Excerpt: What will win, what should win, and what should have been nominated
85th Academy Awards predictions
Marcio Sallem @ Em Cartaz [Portuguese]
85th Annual Academy Award Predictions
- Excerpt: It’s bad enough that the most boring Bond Song which inexplicably has been hailed as some sort of musical landmark on par with Stravinsky’s Rite of Spring will win. Now people will win Oscars for merely singing ONE song in a film?
85th Annual Academy Awards: Predictions
- Excerpt: Predictions and preferences in six key Oscar categories.
85th Oscars: Oscar Guy’s Final Predictions
- Excerpt: An introduction to my final Oscar predictions without commentary.
85th Oscars: Oscar Guy’s Final Thoughts
- Excerpt: The full commentary for my final Oscar predictions.
The Freshman Class
- Excerpt: Nominees competing for their first Academy Award this year
Look for ‘Argo,’ ‘Lincoln,’ ‘Les Misérables’ to dominate Oscars
- Excerpt: There a number of factors that make this year difficult—it’s widely believed within the industry that changes to the balloting deadlines and procedures affected the nominations, for one thing.
My Kingdom for an Oscar
- Excerpt: Disclaimer: The author assumes no responsibility for wagers lost based on these predictions.
- Excerpt: Film critics A.J. Hakari, James Colt Harrison, and Diana Saenger discuss their Oscar predictions with host Betty Jo Tucker.
Oscar nominee detained in L.A.: 5 Broken Cameras director held by security.
Oscar Predictions 2013
Oscar Predictions: The Major Awards
- Excerpt: Predictions for the final, precious few; the Oscars people actually care about.
Oscar Predictions: The Technical Awards
- Excerpt: A brief rundown of, and series of predictions for, all the categories which, whilst important to those people nominated, are unlikely to be blazed across Blu-ray covers in the future.
Oscar Preview: Precursor Winners & Losers, Week 12
- Excerpt: A look at the penultimate week of Oscar precursors.
Oscar Snubs 2013
- Excerpt: MSN’s annual scorecard on Oscar’s slights and oversights: they shoulda been a contender.
Oscars 2013 Predictions and Predilections
- Excerpt: Our Picks for the Best of 2012
The Oscars: Frank Baker Talks Critical Thinking, Movie Fandom, and the Common Core
- Excerpt: I think 2012 has some of the best group of films, mainstream and independent, in years.
Picks and Predictions for the 85th Annual Academy Awards (aka, the 2013 Oscars)
Predictions for the 85th Academy Awards
Projection: Oscar – Oscar Predictions, 2-18-2013
- Excerpt: The BAFTAs threw a couple new curveballs into the race, and the WGA confirmed that Chris Terrio’s Argo script is now the frontrunner in the Adapted Screenplay category.
Projection: Oscar – The Season in a Nutshell
- Excerpt: When you think of all possible factors in this boondoggle, Argo is simultaneously at the top of the mountain, and yet still has a steep climb ahead if it wants to win. Such a contradiction is par for the course this season.
The Rundown 2012: Final Predictions
- Excerpt: Our contributors’ final predictions.
The Rundown 2012: Original Screenplay / Adapted Screenplay
- Excerpt: Predictions for the Original Screenplay and Adapted Screenplay categories.
The Rundown 2012: Picture
- Excerpt: Predictions for the Best Picture category.
The Rundown 2012: Production Design / Costume Design
- Excerpt: Predictions for the Production Designa and Costume Design categories.
Scriptwriting, the ‘Languages of Film,’ and Media Literacy: Teaching the Oscars with Frank Baker
- Excerpt: …And if you’re not aware that the film studios promote their films to those who vote for the Oscars, then you’d never fully appreciate the way Hollywood works.
Susan Granger’s Oscar Analysis
Susan Granger @ www.susangranger.com