Here are review links for this film submitted by our members:
- Laura Clifford @ Reeling Reviews
- Excerpt: Pay attention to the film’s opening minutes which both inform the couple’s upcoming haunting and misinform us by leading us to make assumptions which will be shockingly upended.
- Herman Dhaliwal @ Cinema Sanctum
- Excerpt: His House is a tight and haunting directorial debut from Remi Weekes. It cleverly blend horrors of the real world and of the supernatural.
- Mark Hobin @ Fast Film Reviews
- Excerpt: An interesting twist on a haunted house tale.
- [New] | Jeremy Kibler @ The Artful Critic
- Excerpt: Freaky and fraught with equal spooks and real-world anxieties, “His House” locates catharsis and subjective unfamiliarity in a familiar blueprint.
- C.H. Newell @ Father Son Holy Gore
- Excerpt: His House uses its Gothic horrors to illustrate the unfortunate, immense (mental/physical) strength required of refugees by a white world that, more often than not, refuses their humanity.
- [New] | Joao Pinto @ Portal Cinema [Portuguese]
- Excerpt: One of the most creative horror films of 2020
- [New] | João Pinto @ Portal Cinema [Portuguese]
- [New] | Amir Siregar @ Amir at the Movies [Indonesian]
- Excerpt: A strong directorial debut, Remi Weekes elevates ‘His House’ beyond the conventional haunted house movie and manages to dive deep into the struggles of immigrants.
The World's Oldest Organization of Online Film Critics