Here are review links for this film submitted by our members:
- Karl Delossantos @ Smash Cut Reviews
- Excerpt: Atlantics has an intriguing enough story and Mati Diop manages some fascinating scenes of tension and emotion, but it lacks the narrative momentum for it to really take off.
- Herman Dhaliwal @ Cinema Sanctum
- Excerpt: Mati Diop’s directorial debut is a strong piece of filmmaking that impressively balances varying complex tones and deeply felt emotions.
- Alan Mattli @ Maximum Cinema [German]
- Excerpt: A subtly atmospheric postcolonial ghost story about love, capitalism, and the long shadow of colonialism.
- Jared Mobarak @ JaredMobarak.com
- Excerpt: [Its] straightforward narrative [goes] off the deep-end into a two-pronged, darkly beautiful, supernatural haunting. Things get a little shaky, but [Diop] sticks the landing.
- [New] | Josh Taylor @ www.forgetfulfilmcritic.com
- Excerpt: Mati Diop has made in Atlantics an unforgettable first feature. The mystery and supernatural elements to the movie make it an unpredictable and satisfyingly surprising cinematic experience.
The World's Oldest Organization of Online Film Critics