Here are our latest reviews of films on DVD.
Reviews of Classic Films
The Amityville Horror Trilogy
Assault on Precinct 13 (1976)
The Big Parade
Broadway: The American Musical
The Cat and the Canary (1978)
Cat People (1982)
Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S.
Hit the Deck
House of Wax (1953)
The Jungle Book (1967)
The Little Mermaid
Mr. Nice Guy
- Excerpt: .. too weird to be erotic, but too insistently porn-y to work as an art installation.
Our Lady of Fatima at the Movies
Pre-Code Obsession: Big Business Before the Code
Stacia Kissick Jones @ ClassicFlix
Prince of Darkness
Tales That Witness Madness
The Ten Commandments
- Excerpt: Say what you will about DeMille’s boldface dramatic style, far from getting lost in pageantry and swagger or in religious and cultural vagaries, The Ten Commandments puts sketchy holy writ and gargantuan cinematic trappings at the mercy of immediate human drama.
The White Hell of Pitz Palu
- Excerpt: The film’s superlative qualities are however counterbalanced by the ultimate failure of Fanck’s documentarian indulgences and Pabst’s dramatic instincts to completely cohere.
- Excerpt: A paisley time capsule that reeks not-so-subtly of pot smoke.”
Other Reviews from 2012 and earlier
The Crow turns 20
Joseph Proimakis @ Popaganda.gr [Greek]
- Excerpt: Two decades after its release, the film that was marked by the mysterious death of Brandon Lee still carries the shadow of conspiracy shed over the accident that lead to its star’s demise