Reviews for this film from our members:
- Tim Brayton @ Antagony & Ecstasy
- Excerpt: Made with extremely clear-eyed restraint from harangues, sentiment, message-mongering, or anything else that would cheapen its central character’s suffering and fight.
- Laura Clifford @ Reeling Reviews
- Excerpt: Writer/director Kim Nguyen…takes us to a place most of us are lucky enough to barely imagine and does so with grace and sometimes even beauty.
- [New – 3/4] | Gregory J. Smalley @ 366 Weird Movies
- Excerpt: Writer/director Kim Nguyen delivers plenty of gruesome and cruel moments but chooses not to linger over them, and lets beams of light pierce the darkness.
- Ron Wilkinson @ MonstersandCritics.com
- Excerpt: This is a straight ahead essay on warfare at its worst and the survival of the human spirit at its best.