Reviews for this film from our members:
- [New – 9/12] | Carlos del Río @ El rincón de Carlos del Río [Spanish]
- Excerpt: Nunca pensé que Fernando Trueba pudiera hacer una película tan sumamente aburrida y tan sumamente fallida.
- Carson Lund @ In Review Online
- Excerpt: Despite The Artist and the Model’s air of refined non-judgment, it’s really just continuing in a long line of patriarchal narratives about men “curing” women, regardless of the fact that the woman in this case is meant to enlighten—basically through her body alone—the man. The film is both a story of an artistic epiphany and the human affair that consumes the art, and it ends up embodying neither very convincingly.
- [New – 9/12] | Amber Wilkinson @ Eye For Film
- Excerpt: More sedate than scintillating, it is nevertheless impressively shot by newcomer Daniel Vilar – a name to look out for – and beautifully acted.