Reviews for this film from our members:
- [New – 1/10] | Matthew Blevins @ Nextprojection.com
- Peter Nellhaus @ Coffee Coffee and more Coffee
- Excerpt: Takashi Miike’s version of Hara-kiri is so stately, that I found myself missing the nuttiness of the little Yakuza attack dog from Gozu, or the piling up of unexpected shocks as in Audition.
- Jamie S. Rich @ DVD Talk
- Excerpt: Following up the critical and creative success of last year’s 13 Assassins remake, prolific Japanese filmmaker Takashi Miike has gone in for another samurai redo. This time he is tackling Masaki Kobayashi’s 1962 classic, Harakiri. Retitled Hara-Kiri: Death of a Samurai, this is a pretty straight remake, with Miike’s only real update to this 17th-century drama being that he shot the thing in 3D.
- Cole Smithey @ ColeSmithey.com
- Excerpt: “Hara-Kiri: Death of a Samurai” is a stunner from start to finish.