Reviews for this film from our members:
- Marilyn Ferdinand @ Ferdy on Films
- [New – 3/7] | Matthew Lucas @ From the Front Row
- Excerpt: Like Amour, it is a film about the people who will be with us when the time comes, but rather than focusing on the pain of love, it focuses on the beauty.
- Peter Nellhaus @ Coffee Coffee and more Coffee
- Excerpt: A Simple Life is the work of a filmmaker so confident in her actors and material that she allows herself to step back as an almost casual observer.
- Jamie S. Rich @ DVD Talk
- Excerpt: It would be easy to say that there couldn’t be a more fitting title for this film than “A Simple Life”, but that’s to allow the lack of adornment into fooling you that this effort from Chinese director Ann Hui isn’t rich in life’s complexities. Starring Deannie Yip and “House of Flying Daggers”-leading man Andy Lau as an aging maid and her god son, “A Simple Life” shows the effects of old age with a stark clarity that creates an emotional truth without resorting to grandiose plotting or fervent swells of expression.