Here are review links for this film submitted by our members:
- Alex Brannan @ CineFiles Reviews
- Excerpt: White Boy Rick gets some mileage out of [its] premise, but it never fully sells its sympathies.
- [New] | Herman Dhaliwal @ Cinema Sanctum
- Excerpt: White Boy Rick benefits greatly from not relying on the same rise-and-fall formula we’ve seen in many other crime epics. It’s a patient, intimate look at poverty and the failings of the justice system, which rests on some wonderful, authentic performances.
- Courtney Howard @ FreshFiction.tv
- Excerpt: Yann Demange’s film is more character study than a traditional rise and fall Scorsese-style hustler film – and that’s a good thing.
- [New] | Jared Mobarak @ The Film Stage
- Excerpt: [The marketing] sells a boisterously good time with synth beats and quick cuts of excess and extremes. I’ll warn you now that Yann Demange’s film is much heavier than such appearances predict.