Here are review links for this film submitted by our members:
- Frederic and Mary Ann Brussat @ Spirituality and Practice
- Excerpt: A compelling performance by Emily Mortimer as a middle-aged woman who makes a courageous move.
- Andrea Chase @ Killer Movie Reviews
- Excerpt: rightly dwells on the details in this perfectly realized character study
- MaryAnn Johanson @ FlickFilosopher.com
- Excerpt: It’s weighed down by unnecessary narration and a surprising lack of conflict. But star Emily Mortimer and director Isabel Coixet create a character study of a rarity onscreen: an earnestly cerebral woman.
- Jared Mobarak @ The Film Stage
- Excerpt: What appears to be a run-of-the-mill drama that will surely fall into the usual clichés of perseverance and eventual victory about a woman standing up to a small town of bullies that sees her as an outsider is actually much more complex. Instead of fantasizing about an old-fashioned conservative community’s wholesale ideological change, Fitzgerald and Coixet reveal how success happens one person at a time.
- Darren Mooney @ the m0vie blog