Here are review links for this film submitted by our members:
- Laura Clifford @ Reeling Reviews
- Excerpt: [Godard’s] assembled a strong cast where the lesser known actors make the strongest impressions, but his screenplay leans too heavily on coincidence, multiple nefarious back stories converging in a free-for-all climax.
- [New] | MaryAnn Johanson @ FlickFilosopher.com
- Excerpt: A self-indulgent, faux-woke mashup of noir crime, black comedy, and Tarantino-esque ultraviolence. Some great performances, including a spectacular feature debut from Cynthia Erivo; shame they’re so wasted.
- [New] | Alan Mattli @ Maximum Cinema [German]
- Excerpt: Goddard may not quite find closure to his intriguing deconstruction of the moder gangster movie. But what he does deliver is entertainment, suspense, and beautiful visuals.
- Aaron Neuwirth @ We Live Entertainment
- Excerpt: It’s unfortunate that Bad Times at the El Royale feels like we’re just waiting in the lobby following an exciting first hour that keeps us traveling down a lost highway, but the film is still colorful enough to warrant checking in.