Welcome to the OFCS

Armchair Cinema

Welcome to the OFCS

Postby Armchair Cinema » Thu May 31, 2012 12:00 am

I am excited to be a member of the OFCS. I'm happy to talk to my fellow critics first-hand. I've visited your websites and read your reviews and I am looking forward to talking to you.

KevinRanson

Re: Welcome to the OFCS

Postby KevinRanson » Thu May 31, 2012 9:25 am

Welcome aboard!

Canadian Cinephile
Name: Jordan Richardson

Postby Canadian Cinephile » Thu May 31, 2012 11:08 am

Same here. This should be fun! :D

Postby Guest » Thu May 31, 2012 4:09 pm

Me too. Since I was one who never received access to the RT forums, I am thrilled that we all finally have a board we can post to.

Gregory J. Smalley

Postby Gregory J. Smalley » Thu May 31, 2012 4:11 pm

Guest wrote:Me too. Since I was one who never received access to the RT forums, I am thrilled that we all finally have a board we can post to.

That was me, by the way--if you don't log in to the forums separately I guess it will post as "guest."

Jerry

Postby Jerry » Thu May 31, 2012 5:24 pm

It will be nice to finally talk to all the people whose websites I have been visiting.

Mine BTW is [url]armchaircinema.com[/url]

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:30 am

Gregory J. Smalley wrote:
Guest wrote:Me too. Since I was one who never received access to the RT forums, I am thrilled that we all finally have a board we can post to.

That was me, by the way--if you don't log in to the forums separately I guess it will post as "guest."

It isn't a persistent login between Wordpress and the forum; however, it is the same username and password, which is the important part.

Ed Howard
Name: Ed Howard

Postby Ed Howard » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:42 am

I wasn't on the RT forums either, but here I am now.

Ed Howard
Name: Ed Howard

Postby Ed Howard » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:44 am

Oh and whoever's admin-ing this thing should probably turn off guest posts so that only registered members can post. Otherwise this place'll be spam central once it gets bigger.

Adam Batty

Postby Adam Batty » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:14 pm

I too wasn't privy to the RT forum, so I'm glad to finally be in on the conversation!

I'm Adam, I'm from Hope Lies at 24 Frames Per Second, and am based in the UK.

Jennie Kermode
Name: Jennie Kermode

Postby Jennie Kermode » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:41 am

Glad to finally meet you guys. I had problems getting my account set up properly (I think my email address was bouncing) so it took a while to sort, but that's it done now.

I'm Jennie, I'm 39, I'm Glaswegian, and I write (and edit) for Eye For FIlm.

kenmorefield
Name: Kenneth R. Morefield

Postby kenmorefield » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:07 am

I am new to the OFCS and happy to meet everyone. I am a contributor to Christianity Today Movies & TV and keep a separate blog at 1More Film Blog.. Is there a separate, non-public forum that I am missing? I have received e-mails that texts for bylaw amendments and additions were posted on the forums, but I do not see them here.

Ken

Jennie Kermode
Name: Jennie Kermode

Postby Jennie Kermode » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:17 am

Ken, there are separate boards in these forums for members. You'll need to email the committee and get them to mark your account so you can access them.

SDG
Name: Steven Greydanus

Postby SDG » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:41 pm

Finally got around to registering for the forum and am pleased to see that my friend kenmorefield is now an OFCS member. Ken, welcome! The OFCS is better for having you.

I'm not new to the OFCS, but since it's been a LONG time since I participated regularly in the OFCS forum at Rotten Tomatoes, for anyone who doesn't recognize my handle or name, my website is DecentFilms.com; I'm also film critic for the National Catholic Register & NCRegister.com, among other venues. Like kenmorefield, I've contributed reviews to Christianity Today Movies & TV for some time.

moviegeekjn
Name: John Nesbit

Postby moviegeekjn » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:47 am

Finally got confirmation email to get back to this forum, but I don't see any membership dues thread (as indicated in ofcs email).... and will be out of the country for two weeks (Tunisia, so not sure how much Internet I'll be able to access). Perhaps missing thread will appear before I return ;-)

Return to “General Discussion”